Thursday, February 16, 2006

Fishing at Trentham Estate Winery, NSW

No photo unfortunately, which makes a fishing tale all the more intriguing. Yes, I finally caught an edible fish in the Murray River. I had to go a way upstream of Mildura to do it. No old man Cod however, but it was a yummy perch and a yellowbelly. James Jones caught another perch. We were going to have lunch at Trentham Estate winery, so after church at Mildura Lutheran James and I made off for the landing at the winery early to fish. The proprietor was good enough to let us do it. Joshua went shopping with his mum and the womenfolk. Rob and Lyn had to stay at church for their AGM. Well I've given away the punchline already, we caught three. We also saw amazing nature in action when James threw back a badly hooked little fish that died, and as it floated on the water, two hawks far above us spotted it and slowly circled down, down, down. Then in tiny circles they tried to grab it and couldnt. It was amazing to watch. So I had an enjoyable morning fishing at the landing. When Joshua got there, he wanted to fish so I let him. It was time to reel in the rods and he was so excited - Look Dad, I caught a worm!

No comments: