The blog has fallen quiet for a while and more so since Friday when we were broken into in our home. I have deliberately on this blog never said where our home is, and I have no doubt we were simply random targets of common thieves.
I won't go into all the details, but we suspect that Kristin actually encountered the 3 who broke into our house and the house next door. They took our laptop, digital camera and heaps of Kristin's jewellery. We estimate total losses at $3,500. The sentimental value of the jewellery and non-backed-up photos bites harder than the cost, given that we had insurance.
This blog demonstrates its value as some of the best pics were up here online so that we can retrieve them.
The value in praying for your family's safety almost daily (which I do quite deliberately) came through well and truly - remember Kristin met these guys! I am grateful to God for his abiding protection. Losing stuff does not matter, for as Jesus said, "where your treasure is, there your heart is also".
We think that God has let this happen to remind us of what is really important: our very souls.
Monday, August 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment