Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Smoke and a pink sun

No, this is not a post about illicit substances inhaled and psychedelic side effects. As the Ngarkat Conservation Park burns to our southwest (some 80,000 of the entire 270,000 Hectares of the park had burned out about 24 hours ago), the smoke fills our skies over Berri. So this afternoon we were greeted with a pink sun - an amazing visual effect that needs to be seen to be believed.

Oh and did I mention the heat? That's why we have fires in the first place, maybe with the help of some arsonists. Its been over 40 degrees for most of the days of the last few weeks. 32 today felt like a cold snap! Our old evaporative air-conditioner can't cope with the humid heat that we are experiencing.

One of these days I must learn how to upload photos for all you family out there wanting to see what we've been up to.....

1 comment:

Annie Lambert said...

someday I will teach you how to upload pics too.