I have made a discovery that might jeopardise my marriage and family life - but what a discovery!
http://games.asobrain.com/
These bright sparks, who go by the nicknames "Aso" and "Brain" have created an online community to play, for free, Carcassonne and the Settlers of Catan (my two current favourite games). Last night I "spectated" a Catan game between a Latvian, a resident of Chicago and another European whose origin I now forget. What an amazing global village we now live in! I also"befriended" an Antoinette as I watched her play a Carcassonne game against another person and a robot.
Boy they play fast! I can recall going online once with friends in Qld to play Warcraft II online (back then, a real novelty!) and, wow, these people could play fast! At first we thought we had to be playing computer opponents.
The other humbling thing is that computers play so fast (I recall being humbled many times in computer chess games) that you realise that, in some ways computers are far more "intelligent" than us. The amazing thing about playing computer players on AsoBrain's site is that the human players' turns don't take long to come around as the computers' moves are instantaneous!
Regardless, I'm looking forward to playing both games in real life with Jai and Hisae this Saturday night. The computer can't banter with you and try and convince you to make a move that assists your cause, which is in both games a key feature.
Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»
I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»
Post a Comment