Saturday, July 07, 2007

Adelaide Rainfall

We are enjoying some wonderful rain at the moment. I praise God also for the snow falling in great volume in the Snowy Mountains etc that will hopefully melt and provide water for the Murray River. Apparently we are moving from an "El Nino" weather pattern (which makes Australia very dry) into a "La Nina" pattern (very wet). This is an answer to our private prayers, and the prayers of Christians the nation over, for the Lord to break the drought. This comes, of course, with repentance for the great number of things we have done wrong.

I have moved my spreadsheet of rainfall data (I have a guage at home) to Google Documents so that the 0.1% of you who might be interested in how our rainfall is going can click a link on the right of this page to see the graph.

You can click this link to view the graph. If you click on a tab on that page, you can see the raw data also. Thus far in July we've had great rain and we're well on track for a wetter-than-average July. The link will disappear as this post moves down from being the "most recent" post, hence you will see on the right I have put under "Links" the permanent link to "Adelaide Rainfall".

This is now a dynamic document, ie I will keep updating it and you'll be able to see as the months and years progress how our rainfall is going.

No comments: