It is the day before the evening (Qld time) when we will see Australia lock horns with Japan in our first (and second ever) World Cup outing in over 30 years. I am excited. In my view we must beat Japan by more than 2 goals to have a realistic chance of winning the group. I see us at best losing by 1 goal to Brazil and probably drawing with Croatia. So the extra goal to see us through comes against Japan.
Our last warm up against Leichtenstein produced a 3-1 win, but not as convincing as I would hope. Lets hope that was the exorcism of complacency and perhaps some useful experimenting, eg with beanpole striker Josh Kennedy (our answer to England's ex-Southampton striker Peter Crouch, without the robotic dancing). Time will tell. I can only trust that Guus Hiddink's Asian experience will stand us in good stead against the Japanese.
Prediction: Australia 3 Japan 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment